Looks like I celebrated too soon. I really hope not though... Hunter had a great morning and I was feeling rather confident that the issue was solved and I would have my normal baby boy back! But then 3:00 rolled around. (This is the part when the blog is more for my personal diary for medical purposes to look back on than actual reading material for our friends and family. So dont feel the need to have to continue reading if this will gross you out! Its not too bad.)
Around three this afternoon, during his feeding Hunter started to grunt and act like he was having a bowel movement. Normally it is a couple grunts and then we are in the clear. These grunts just kept going....only it lasted over an hour with uncontrollable crying/squealing. After he finally stopped I took him to go look what in the heck happened down there and he literally passed a hard ping pong ball. THAT POOR BOY!
Being the first time mom that I am, I immediately called Ben upset... he said that it was probably because we switched the formula yesterday and I should not worry. (I felt like this was easily said from the tractor seat and not the front row seat that I had with the uncomfortable little one.) So I called the nurse, and she said that we needed to wait 48 hours on the new formula before we could make any more decisions. I knew they were probably going to tell me something along those lines but it eased my heart to know that I did what I could. She said to "stimulate" him on his hiny with a thermometer or a warm cloth. We went for a warm bath (he needed one anyway because that soy is some stinky stuff) and a warm cloth... Nothing yet.
He also has been really spit-upy.. on this new formula..Still not used to having that...Note to self: Do not wear your nice cashmere sweater when you feed him. You will inevitably be going to the dry cleaners the next day. Lesson Learned.
During his last feeding for the night he only ate 2 oz. I had given him the Johnson's night time bath treatment right before, and lathered him up in the night time lotion, so I am hoping that it is just some strong aromatherapy stuff... Or during the bath from all of his screams from hating water so much he just tuckered himself plum out. Interested to see how our night will go.
No comments:
Post a Comment